Monday, October 29, 2012

Rob Kardashian and Kylie Jenner Take Manila, Philippines (October 27)



Rob Kardashian and Kylie Jenner are introduced as the newest endorsers of Human.
MANILA, Philippines -- Filipino fans of the US reality TV show "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" will get to see a first as Rob Kardashian makes his runway debut at Philippine Fashion Week on Saturday, October 27. And unfortunately the camera crew that usually films every single move of the famous American household won't be here to capture it.
"I'm excited to see Rob on the runway," said Kardashian's younger sister Kylie Jenner at the reality TV siblings' press conference on Friday at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel where they were introduced to the media as the new endorsers for Human jeans.
"I've never been on the runway," admitted the 25-year-old Kardashian. "I'll just be myself and walk the runway."
The famous siblings will take to the catwalk on Saturday, 3 p.m., for Human, the sister brand of Bench, at the main atrium of the SM Mall of Asia, as part of the ongoing Philippine Fashion Week, which showcases the looks for spring/summer 2013.
Unlike her brother, Jenner, who is considered a style icon by many young girls around the world, said she has done runway shows, usually in New York. "I love the feeling," the 15-year-old said of modelling. "It's one of my favorite things, so I'm so excited for it."
Asked if he is getting any tips from his fashionista sisters for Saturday's fashion show, Kardashian said, "I won't listen to them anyway. I'll just do my thing. I'm a man, I'll turn around and walk."
Or dance perhaps?
"I'll dance on the runway only if Cheryl is there but she's not," he said, referring to Fil-American dancer Cheryl Burke, who was his partner when he competed on TV's "Dancing with the Stars."
Fashion family
Although this will be Kardashian's first stint as a model, he said that, like the rest of his family, he is also very much into fashion.
In fact, he is set to launch his own sock line at the posh Neiman Marcus boutiques next month. Kardashian also revealed that he will also start his own clothing line with plans to open retail shops in the United States, as well as in the U.K.
For their part, Jenner and her sisters are preparing their own fashion brand as well as they had already completed their collection for next spring.
"We're all getting into the fashion world right now," Kardashian said, crediting his sisters for getting him interested in fashion.
He also said that his fashion-conscious sisters are a great source for ideas on what to give to his girlfriends.
"They are very high-end, which does make it difficult. So that's why I'm literally creating a line that's more affordable. Because I see all these guys who want to give their girlfriends certain gifts but they can't afford it or it's not in their price range," he said.
"And I feel like Human is very similar in that it's also very affordable. That's something that I go after, especially in my business model. I'm very much into the high-end brands but obviously they're not affordable for everybody and I don't agree with that," he said.
Jenner said, that just like her brother, her upcoming fashion line will also be at a lower price point compared to the designer brands her older sisters favor.
"For me, I don't really care about brands as much as I care about the look of the clothing. I think Human is amazing. I love everything so far. We went to the store yesterday and I bought all the men's sweats, like the small size," she said.
Praise for pants
Both Kardashian and Jenner praised Human's pants, which they said they will be bringing back with them to Los Angeles.
"I personally love the track pants and the jeans. They're cool and I bought a bunch of the pants for my girlfriend," Kardashian said. "The pants to me are very, very different. I'm not kidding! She (Jenner) also bought for herself."
For the two siblings, the Filipino clothing brand is their first endorsement, which was why they were quite excited when they were offered by Human to take part in the fashion show.
"It's an opportunity to come here and, of course, I haven't been here. It's been amazing so far and everyone's so welcoming and I loved it. We did the photo shoot today and that was so fun working with my brother," Jenner said.
"I would never have expected this five years ago but now we're here and it's definitely an amazing experience," she added.
Kardashian, who said he has Filipino friends in Los Angeles, also praised the Filipinos for being very "fashion-forward."
"It's great to be part of this whole campaign. We're in a completely different country, something completely out of the States, and it's just amazing to be involved with this culture and the Philippines," he said. "Obviously the fashion world is crazy here, it's definitely fashion-forward here."
That's why as early as now, the two are hoping to return to the Philippines in the future. "So we can go visit the beaches," Kardashian said.

No comments:

Post a Comment